Learning something new has never been so easy thanks to the many online, flexibly delivered and free courses available at Walsall College. And our new bitesize sessions are an even simpler way to pick up new skills in just six hours or less.
From making the most of your online conversations on WhatsApp and Zoom, to better money management, we’ll provide hints and tips to make you more technologically savvy and able to improve your digital lifestyle.
Been a while since you were last in the classroom? Never been in an online lesson before? Don’t worry. All you have to do is sign in through your computer or SMART device and our friendly tutors will take you through the rest. You can access the below listed sessions for free!
The most popular:
• Introduction to knitting - 2 hour session
• British Sign Language (BSL) - 6x 2 hour sessions (*Waiting List)
• Deaf Awareness - 1x 2 hour session
• Creative Writing
Video Conferencing Software:
• How to support your child with Google Classroom - 2 hour session
• How to use Zoom - 2 hour session
• How to use Microsoft Teams - 2.5 hour session
• Introduction to Payroll - 2 hour session
• Introduction to Bookkeeping - 2 hour session
• Introduction to Accounts - 2 hour session
• Introduction to Spreadsheets - 2 hour session
• Intermediate Spreadsheets Skills
• Charts and Graphs
• NEW: Stress Awareness
• NEW: Understanding anxiety
• NEW: Mindfulness - benefits and techniques
• NEW: Mental Health Awareness
All of our short courses will be delivered via Microsoft Teams (excluding How to use Zoom and How to support your child in using Google Classroom). If you are not familiar with this platform, please enrol on the How to use Microsoft Teams course in addition to the other courses you are interested in and we will ensure that you are invited to attend this session in advance of the other sessions.
*Due to popular demand our upcoming British Sign Language sessions are now full - if you wish to take part in the next available course, please complete the application form and we will get back in touch as soon as the sessions are available.