Welcome to Walsall College
We are one of the most successful colleges in the country – a place where more than 11,000 people study vocational technical qualifications, apprenticeships and higher education programmes each year.
Whether you’re looking to study here as a school leaver, higher education student, apprentice, adult learner, or an employer looking to develop your workforce, you’ll find we’ve got training and courses to suit all needs and ambitions.
“Walsall College is uniquely and proudly vocational, delivering technical, professional and community education. Our greatest passion is unleashing the potential of individuals, communities and businesses; our greatest legacy is the talent of our students: skilled, professional and enterprising.”
“To provide students with an excellent learning experience, education and skills development to support them into higher levels of study and jobs.”
Our Shared Values
We put students at the heart of everything we do
We are an exciting and safe place to study, a place where everyone is welcomed and supported in reaching their full potential. We promote personal development, build confidence and ambition in our students and staff. There is a strong emphasis on fairness in our policies and in how we further encourage diversity, equality and inclusion in our college society and community.
Our teaching and learning philosophy
Walsall College believes in preparing students for the world of work with skills and attributes that go beyond the mastery of their chosen discipline. The Walsall College Graduate will be skilled, professional and enterprising. Upon completing their courses, and in addition to their main qualification, students will have demonstrable qualities that enhance their value to employers.
We Listen To Employers, We Help Create Jobs
We develop strategic partnerships with employers and wider stakeholders to ensure we lead and shape the education and skills landscape.
We support the creation of job opportunities for people across the region and help business grow – fuelling economic development, inward investment and ambition for everyone in the area.
We champion innovation, creativity and enterprise
Our vision for the Walsall College of the future is of a college that truly meets the needs of all our students whilst delivering the skills needed for digitalised and greener economy drivers locally, regionally and nationally. In line with this, we continue to invest in and develop facilities, including Construction College Midlands in Kings Norton, Birmingham, a Digital Innovation Hub and a Light Alternative and Electric Fuel (LEAF) workshop.
As part of our evolving curriculum, we also pledge to work with an employer and business connection in every subject area to enhance our provision and provide a line of sight of work. To read more about our 2021-2024 Corporate Strategy, Click Here.
An Exceptional Place To Study
Walsall College is graded as Good by Ofsted, with our Provision for Learners with High Needs graded as Outstanding.
Highlights from the report included:
- Leaders “very effectively” use high needs funding to plan a supported learning programme to prepare learners for further training, employment and life after college.
- The principal and senior leaders have a clear vision for the college and high ambitions for students and apprentices, while governors contribute well to setting the strategic direction of the college.
- There are outstanding features in programmes for young people, particularly at Level 3.
- Apprenticeship programmes meet the needs of sector bodies and employers effectively.
- Courses have carefully thought out progression routes, which students benefit from.
- Teachers, trainers and assessors bring high levels of specialist knowledge, qualifications and expertise. Most use their extensive experience of industry to plan learning well.
- Leaders and managers prepare students well for their next steps through work placements, careers advice, volunteering, links with employers and work-related projects.
Learn more about Walsall College Graduate attributes here.
We’re award-winning too…
Walsall College is committed to achieving excellence, and we’ve won numerous accreditations and awards over several years:
Walsall College was graded ‘Good’ by Ofsted in its latest inspection.
We are highly commended by the Quality Assurance Agency for Higher Education (QAA).
The unique quality framework for the effective delivery of information, advice and/or guidance on learning and work across the college.
We are on the Charter for Employers who are Positive about Mental Health.
Shows that we are committed to good practice in employing people with disabilities.