Welcome to Walsall College
We are one of the most successful colleges in the country – a place where more than 14,000 people study vocational technical qualifications, apprenticeships and higher education programmes each year.
Whether you’re looking to study here as a school leaver, higher education student, apprentice, adult learner, or an employer looking to develop your workforce, you’ll find we’ve got training and courses to suit all needs and ambitions.
“Walsall College is uniquely and proudly vocational. Our greatest passion is unleashing the potential of individuals, communities and businesses; our greatest legacy is the talent of our students: skilled, professional and enterprising.”
“To provide students with an outstanding learning experience, education and skills development to support them into higher levels of study and jobs.”
Supporting People into Higher Levels of Study and Jobs
We are an exciting and safe place to study, a place where everyone is welcomed and supported in reaching their full potential, whether that is higher levels of study or into employment.
We have an extensive range of facilities across our five campuses, with the latest state-of-the-art equipment modelled on industry standards, so you can be sure that you will be gaining skills that employers are looking for.
We Listen To Employers, We Help Create Jobs
We work closely with more than 600 employers, along with the Black Country LEP and West Midlands Combined Authority, to ensure our students develop the qualifications, attributes and work-related skills to match the region’s growing employment sectors now and in the future.
We support the creation of job opportunities for people across the region and help business grow – fuelling economic development, inward investment and ambition for everyone in the area.
If you are considering studying with us, we hope you find the course you are looking for. If you are an employer, please let us support your business needs. For all of our customers, we will be with you every step of the way.
To read more about our 2017-2020 Corporate Strategy, Click Here.
An Exceptional Place To Study
Walsall College is graded as Good by Ofsted, with our Provision for Learners with High Needs graded as Outstanding.
Highlights from the report included:
- Leaders “very effectively” use high needs funding to plan a supported learning programme to prepare learners for further training, employment and life after college.
- The principal and senior leaders have a clear vision for the college and high ambitions for students and apprentices, while governors contribute well to setting the strategic direction of the college.
- There are outstanding features in programmes for young people, particularly at Level 3.
- Apprenticeship programmes meet the needs of sector bodies and employers effectively.
- Courses have carefully thought out progression routes, which students benefit from.
- Teachers, trainers and assessors bring high levels of specialist knowledge, qualifications and expertise. Most use their extensive experience of industry to plan learning well.
- Leaders and managers prepare students well for their next steps through work placements, careers advice, volunteering, links with employers and work-related projects.
Learn more about Walsall College Graduate attributes here.
We’re award-winning too…
Walsall College is committed to achieving excellence, and we’ve won numerous accreditation’s and awards over several years:
Walsall College was graded ‘Good’ by Ofsted in its latest inspection.
We are highly commended by the Quality Assurance Agency for Higher Education (QAA).
The unique quality framework for the effective delivery of information, advice and/or guidance on learning and work across the college.
We are on the Charter for Employers who are Positive about Mental Health.
We were awarded Provider of the Year, 2014 which demonstrated exceptional performance.
The AoC (Association of Colleges) Beacon Awards celebrate imaginative and exemplary teaching and learning practices in Further Education. Walsall College has won:
- The Becta Award for Efficiency through the Effective use of Technology in Further Education and Skills in 2010/11.
- The OCR Award for Functional Skills in 2011/12.
- The LSIS Award for Outstanding Leadership of Improvement in 2013/14
- AoC Presidents Award 2013/14
Shows that we are committed to good practice in employing people with disabilities.