Are you at risk of redundancy? Has lockdown led to you losing your job? Or have you been struggling for a while to find work?
Whatever your position, it’s fair to say that the last six months have made it even more of a challenge for those of you looking to return to the working world. And while there are lots of avenues providing advice and support, it helps if you can head straight towards the one that can benefit you most.
With this in mind, here’s our short guide to the jobseeker packages Walsall College offers.
The starter package
Our Connecting Communities programme is ideal for you if:
- You live in Beechdale, Birchills and Leamore in Walsall and in Chadsmoor in Cannock
- You’ve been made redundant from a job and either need to update your CV, or create a CV from scratch
- You’d like to be know where best to find suitable job vacancies, how best to apply and how to smash the interview stage
- You feel you need 1:1 mentoring and confidence building support
When you need a little bit more
Our different circumstances and identities mean we require different things when it comes to jobseeker advice.
Our Bridges Project is ideal for you if:
- You are aged 25 and over
- You have a health condition, physical disability, learning support or other condition that means your jobseeker help should be a bit more specialised and responsive to your particular needs
- You’d like to build your confidence and self-esteem
- You’d like to convert your key strengths and interests into a form of work such as a placement or voluntary role that eventually leads to employment
A digital direction
Whether you get scared or excited by the thought of doing something online, the chances are that your future job will involve digital skills in some shape or form.
Our Black Country Click Start Project is ideal for you if:
- You need help and practice with emails, internet searches and other online programmes. These will help you identify volunteering opportunities, job vacancies and more
- You prefer one to one support to a classroom environment
Ready to launch
If you know the job you want or the industry you want to be part of but need the skills, training and qualifications to get a foot in the door then our courses for jobseekers are the way to go. (Many of these courses are currently online.)
These are ideal for you if:
- You are retraining for a new sector or industry. We offer short courses in social care, business administration, construction and hospitality. There’s also horticulture, warehousing, retail and working in schools, as well as starting up a business.
- You’re looking for a training course that links to work experience or a placement
- You’re looking for a training course where local jobs are available and/or you can link up with local employers
Whatever Walsall College package you go for, you can be sure of that our expert teams will listen, understand and motivate you to get where you’d like to be. And we’ll be celebrating with you when you achieve new things.