Opportunities to study for a degree are more flexible and supportive than ever at Walsall College. Which makes it much easier for you to train for the career you want through our higher education qualifications.
Part-time and full-time courses can be studied around your family, work and other commitments. You can achieve year-long standalone higher education qualifications linked to a range of industries – and then complete a full honours degree
So, if you’ve dreamed of getting a degree then there’s nothing stopping you from going for it this September.
Online and adaptable
We recognise that people have different circumstances, qualifications and learning needs when they look to study here. This is reflected in the range of support services we offer.
There are plenty of study resources online so you can get ahead or catch up as and when you are able to.
And if you ever find your timetable or hours of study to be a challenge, we will work with you to try and find a suitable solution that ensures you are not left behind.
What will I gain from a higher education course?
What won’t you gain! Higher education study can have a considerable impact on your career including:
- A career change
- Pursuit of your passion
- Certified industry recognition for a role or profession
- Progress to a higher level of seniority or management within an organisation
- Increased specialisation, making you more of an expert in your field of study
Want to go to university, but don’t have a Level 3 qualification? Or perhaps you’ve been out of education for a while?
Our Access to HE courses provide the perfect stepping stone to university level courses, whether that’s with us or elsewhere. They’re specifically designed to equip you with the essential transferable skills – anything from writing essays and problem-solving, to IT skills that’ll you will need for higher education.
Still not sure? Talk to us.
Our guidance team offer free, impartial and confidential advice to current and prospective students. They’re here to:
- Help you choose the right course for your career and future development
- Give advice on what form of study would be best for you, be that part time or full time.
- Guidance on finance and funding, including eligibility and how to apply
- Help to prepare applications and guidance around the application process.
- Information on what studying higher education really means, with practical advice on balancing your workload with all your other commitments.
The guidance team are currently available as follows:
- Via mobile: Andy: 07922891951; Melanie: 07922891927; Tony: 07922891957 – Monday to Thursday (9.00am – 5.00pm) & Friday (9.00am – 4.00pm)
- Via Email: firstname.lastname@example.org