Year 10/11 students, parents and careers advisers are invited to join us for this free event.
Working with children and/or in education is one of the most rewarding career paths you can follow. You can make a difference to a child’s physical, mental and emotional development and take pride in seeing them grow and progress.
When you train for a career in childcare, not only should you learn how to focus on each individual child’s wellbeing, development and early learning, you should also be able to train for specific job roles linked to particular childcare and education settings.
The T Level in Education and Childcare is a new technical qualification that provides you with these opportunities – and more.
Delivered in association with CACHE, this T Level is seen as a gold-standard programme for those aiming to work in childcare, early years and assisted teaching.
What to Expect
Join us for; light refreshments, an introduction to the new T Level from Walsall College tutors, and hear from an employer who has taken students on a work placement, and a former childcare student who has used their course to launch their career.
Find out more about:
- How T Levels differ from existing technical/vocational and A Level qualifications
- Getting involved in Forest Schools and trips
- How the work placement that is included in the course, helps students specialise for careers in early years education and childcare, assisting teaching and supporting and mentoring students in further and higher education
- The other essential qualifications (such as First Aid) that you will pick up along the way
More about T Levels:
- They are a two-year qualification equivalent to three A Levels
- They consist of 80% time in the classroom and 20% on an industry placement of 315 hours, equivalent to 45 days
- They encourage students to collaborate with the UK’s best employers and businesses
- They enable progression on to a degree, a higher level apprenticeship or into work.
Book your spot by registering below!