Year 11 school leavers, parents, teachers and employers are invited to discover more about the T Level in Digital Production, Design and Development – and how it can take them to the next level.
About this event
Walsall College is transforming the way young adults train for the world of work after their GCSEs. As our communities rely more and more on digital technologies, the demand for designers and developers keeps on growing.
With the Digital T Level, students can train for these jobs in a way that combines the expertise of Walsall College (rated Outstanding) with the knowhow of the employers who helped design this course. These include Fujitsu, Skanska and GlaxoSmithKline, along with many small and medium sized companies.
What to Expect
This is an opportunity for Year 11 students, parents, teachers and employers to discover more about the unique format of the T Level, the work placement included and how this qualification will be accepted by universities and employers.
Following an introduction to the qualification, Staffordshire University will provide an overview on the opportunities available to students with a T Level qualification including full time degrees and degree level apprenticeships and the breadth of careers this qualification can lead students into.
Join us for refreshments, including a hot buffet and an introduction to the course from Walsall College tutors.
More about T Levels:
– They are a two-year qualification equivalent to three A Levels
– They consist of 80% time in the classroom and 20% on an industry placement of 315 hours, equivalent to 45 days
– They encourage students to collaborate with the UK’s best employers and businesses
– They enable progression on to a degree, a higher level apprenticeship or into work.
The Digital T Level is ideal for you if you want to:
– design, test and develop software to meet user needs
– write and maintain software
– create complex databases for organisations
– learn to use more than one development language
– explore digital analysis and environments
– study emerging technologies in-depth
– understand security and legislation principles
Book your spot by registering below!