Work experience and industry placements, which last from five to 45 days, help young people develop a range of vital workplace skills by enabling them to match practice with theory, in a ‘real world’ environment. We’re also one of the first colleges in the UK to be launching the government’s new T Level courses in 2020.
The benefits are however, not solely for the student. In addition to meeting your Corporate Social Responsibility, work placements are a unique opportunity for employers to promote their brand; build their workforce pipeline; gain extra support and fresh ideas for their business and develop mentoring and leadership skills within their existing team.
Read about the impact industry placements have had for employers here.
Our Business Training Solutions Team will support you with planning at every stage of the process and ensure you maximise the opportunity of work placements.
Here are just some of the ways they can help:
- Ensure ‘best fit’ both for the student and for your business and look at progression opportunities into your business
- Increase the capacity of your business and resource for projects
- Fully brief you on health and safety requirements
- Provide support and guidance on a structured placement programme
- Provide you with a single point of contact at Walsall College for the duration of the placement