We know how important it is for you to do well on your course.
Which is why we believe in providing you with all the learning resources you need to achieve your study goals.
Walsall College has a dedicated Learning Resource Centre (LRC) at our Wisemore campus which all students can make use of at any time during their college week.
These LRCs offer -
- Books, journals, audio/visual materials and specialist resources linked specifically to your course, along with study materials for English and Maths
- Independent study areas
- Computer areas where you can complete assignment work, take part in your SL or AL timetabled sessions, check your emails and use your printing credits
- Support to access the LRC homepage, including the online catalogue, ebook selections and how to use the ‘Click and Collect’ service to reserve books
- A Digital Library containing a mix of online resources, newspapers, images, e-utilities and useful links
- For a little extra help there are always the leaflets and guides and LRC videos
- A stationery shop and binding and laminating services for that professional finish to your work
- Enrichment competitions – check out our Read to Succeed initiative
- We also operate pop-up libraries at our Hawbush and Portland Street campuses where staff can answer queries, loan books and sell stationery.
And if you’re unsure where to start, or how to get the exact information you need, we’re here for you!
Our expert LRC teams are always available to offer guidance. With their help, you can soon navigate your way through our resources and complete your work in a way that best suits your needs.
Monday - Wednesday: 8.30am - 6.00pm
Thursday: 8.30am - 5.00pm
Friday: 8.30am - 4.00pm
Monday - Thursday: 9.00am - 4.30pm
Friday: 9.00am - 4.00pm
HI:ED Learning Space
Higher education learners have their very own, dedicated learning space on Learning Deck 4 at Wisemore Campus. The HI:ED Learning Space is a relaxed, fully-resourced facility for those on Level 4 programmes and above.