It's not too late - Enrol Now!
There are limited spaces left on some of our courses. So, whether you are a school leaver or an adult learner do get in touch! You are advised to call us first (01922 657000), or if you would rather come into our Wisemore Campus, a member of the team would be delighted to help you.
If you are aged between 16 and 19, please bring the following:
- A pen
- Current school report AND current attendance record
- Evidence of all of your current qualifications, including your GCSE results slips. (If you haven’t achieved English and Maths at grade 4 and above, then this information will be used to ensure you are enrolled on to an appropriate level of English and maths. Your enrolment will not be complete until you have provided these results.)
If you are aged 19 and over, please bring the following:
- A pen
- Evidence of all of your current qualifications. (If you haven’t achieved English and Maths at grade 4 and above, then this information will be used to ensure you are enrolled on to an appropriate level of English and maths. Your enrolment will not be complete until you have provided these results.)
- Proof of identity, which must be one of the following:
- Biometric Residence Permit
- Driving Licence
- Birth Certificate
- Adoption Certificate
- Marriage Certificate
- National Insurance Card
- HM Forces ID Card
- National Identity Card
- Proof Of Age Standards Scheme Card (with official PASS logo)
- Certificate of Entitlement to Funding
- Bank Credit/Debit Card
- National ID Card (not the College Learner Pass)
- Proof of Universal Credit, Job Seekers Allowance letter (JSA) or Employment Support Allowance letter (ESA) in the work related activity group (including partner where the claim is joint) AND a character reference. If you are unemployed, please bring proof of any other benefits that you receive.
- Your chosen method for paying your fees. You can pay for your course in full or the first payment of an instalment plan by credit or debit card (no cheque or cash please). Subsequent instalment payments will be by direct debit or your letter confirming Student Loan Approval from Student Finance England (if applicable).
- If your employer is paying for your course, they must complete the ‘Agreement to pay course fees on behalf of a student’ form or collect one from the Customer Advice and Support Centre. Alternatively, you can bring with you a letter from your employer on letter headed paper stating:
- Your name
- Course title
- Confirmation of amount to pay
- Details of where the invoice should be sent
- Name and signature of the authorising persons
- Purchase Order number (if required)
- If you are a non E.U. student bring:
- Proof of residency, e.g. passport, visa, residence permit (proof of residency must be valid and in date)
In addition to this, if a Special Educational Need (SEN) or Education, Health and Care Plan (EHCP) is declared during the enrolment process you will be invited in again for a needs assessment to ensure we can meet any support needs prior to completing your enrolment.
Whether you are a school leaver, jobseeker, someone looking to progress in or change careers, you’ll find the perfect course at Walsall College. If you can’t find what you are looking for on the website please drop in to speak to one of our careers advisors, who will be here at the college and happy to talk to you about the best route to achieve your career goals.
Your Safety Comes First
Please do not attend any of our campuses if you have any Covid-19 symptoms. If you are coming in to enrol, we encourage you to attend on your own if you can.
We have a number of safety and social distancing measures in place to help keep you Covid-secure when entering our college campuses. It might mean your enrolment takes a little longer so please be patient with us.
If you are visiting the college, we ask that you observe the following Covid safety measures*:
- Please attend your college enrolment on your own if you can
- Please ensure you keep to the two-metre social distancing rules during your visit
- Wear a face mask around the college building (in crowded and enclosed spaces), unless you are exempt
- Please bring your own pen/paper with you in order to make a note of any reference numbers/telephone numbers you may need
- Where possible we ask that you complete a lateral flow test at home on the morning of your visit to the college. Only come in if your test result is negative.
*Please note that these measures are subject to change in line with the latest Government guidance.