Want to increase the quality and quantity of candidates applying to work for your business? Need specialist skills to drive your organisation forward? Then our Employer in Every Classroom initiative is for you.
It can be challenging to recruit, retain and upskill the staff you need to succeed.
The skills gap costs businesses £120bn every year and - in our area - qualification levels are 12.7% lower than the national average.
That’s why – to help business build back better after COVID - we’re making it our priority to have an ‘Employer in Every Classroom’.
We’re inviting employers like you to get involved in our curriculum, to ensure our students develop the practical skills, knowledge and experience they need to thrive in your sector.
By working together, we can significantly upskill the regional workforce and provide a pipeline of work-ready candidates for your vacancies.
* The proportion of people holding a Level 4 and above qualification in Walsall has improved in recent years from 24.3% in 2015 to 27.6%, but this is still 12.7% lower than the 40.3% total for GB.
You can engage at a level that suits your availability and aspirations: from light-touch involvement that introduces learners to your sector, to higher-intensity interactions that shape students to your exact needs. For example:
- Career talks
- Professional projects
- Work experience
- Curriculum design consultation
- Equipment provision
- Learning academy sponsorship
Benefits to your business
This initiative won’t just benefit our learners. 1,000 businesses already successfully partner with us to train tomorrow’s talent today. By joining them, you’ll get to:
- Upskill the talent pool and improve your pipeline of qualified job candidates
- Shape future staff with training in skills, techniques and technology specific to your sector
- Boost your employer brand with both learners and the local community
Partnering with Walsall College is a sound investment. 89% of our curriculum is already mapped to the needs of the local employment market and we have an excellent reputation with businesses.
Will you join employers like Balfour Beatty VINCI, Francesco Group and the NHS to become an employer partner?