Are you 15+ and not in any paid work?* Do you want to get the life or job you really want?
Our Community Matters project can help you find simple solutions to what seem like big problems. It can help you to:
- Break down barriers that have been holding you back
- Get more of what you want and less of what you don't
- Work with local partners to help you achieve your goals
- Make sure you have the confidence you need to progress
The Building Better Opportunities programme is funded by The National Lottery Community Fund and the European Social Fund (ESF), who are co-investing in local projects tackling the root causes of worklessness, promoting social inclusion and driving local jobs and growth.
Community Matters is one of four projects within this programme across the Black Country and is aimed at helping people across Walsall, Wolverhampton, Dudley and Sandwell move into or closer to employment by developing their skills and confidence. It’s managed by the Heart of England Community Foundation in partnership with local organisations across the Black Country, including Walsall College.
We’re working with these partners to deliver the project:
Access to Business, Accord Age Matters, Bilston Resource Centre, Black Country Housing Group, Dudley Caribbean and Friends Association, Ideal For All, Just Straight Talk, Manor Farm Community Association, Refugee and Migrant Centre, SWEDA, TLC College, Walsall Housing Group, WELL Associates and Zebra Access.
We’re helping overcome key employability issues by providing assistance with:
- Personal development – confidence building, self-esteem, personal responsibility, motivation
- Accredited Courses
- Employability and interview skills
- Literacy, numeracy and financial skills training
- Volunteering/work placements
- Mentoring and training
* including zero hours contract.