What is a traineeship?
A traineeship is an education and training programme with work experience that is focused on giving young people the skills and experience that employers are looking for. Traineeships last anything from six weeks to a maximum of six months and include:
- A meaningful, high quality work experience placement of at least six weeks with an employer
- Work preparation training which can include CV writing, interview preparation, interpersonal skills
- English and Maths support from the training organisation to improve young people’s literacy and numeracy skills if required.
Can your business support a traineeship?
You will need to commit to a high quality work placement, lasting at least six weeks.
Once the young person has finished their traineeship with your company, you will be required to offer:
To find out more call 01922 651129 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Ideally, an interview for a position within your business if one is available.
- If no apprenticeship or job opportunity exists within your business, providing a meaningful exit interview together with a reference to help them to secure an apprenticeship or employment with another employer.
Share This Post