In March 2013 Walsall College made history by becoming the first Outstanding general further education college under new inspection framework in the UK, and the first ever to receive a grade one in the Black Country!
Ofsted inspectors recognised outstanding strengths across the college including:
- Outstanding success rates achieved by students, which put the college in the country’s top 10 per cent of colleges
- Outstanding teaching and learning
- Outstanding promotion of equality and diversity
- Outstanding outcomes for learners through the development of modern vocational courses and partnerships with employers
- Outstanding leadership and management
Industry-experienced staff were also commended for using their vocational skills and expertise to make lessons motivating, interesting and memorable, enabling students to make excellent progress and exceed their individual targets.
In addition, the report highlights how the college is firmly rooted in the community and works in very strong partnership with key organisations for the benefit of students and to promote the regeneration and prosperity of the borough.
To view the full report click here
Share This Post