Come and Enrol
There are still spaces available on some of our courses starting in September 2018. If you want to study with us, please come into college as soon as possible to speak to a member of staff regarding enrolling onto a course. Come to our reception desk and we'll direct you to where you'll need to go and who you'll need to speak to.
But before you walk out your door, make sure you bring the following with you:
- A pen
- Current school report AND current attendance record (16-18 years old)
- It is essential that you bring evidence of all of your current qualifications, including your GCSE results slips to enrolment. This information will be used to ensure you are enrolled on to an appropriate level of English and maths. Your enrolment will not be complete until you have provided these results.
- Proof of identity, which must be one of the following:
- Biometric Residence Permit
- Driving Licence
- Birth Certificate
- Adoption Certificate
- Marriage Certificate
- National Insurance Card
- HM Forces ID Card
- National Identity Card
- Proof Of Age Standards Scheme Card (with official PASS logo)
- Certificate of Entitlement to Funding
- Bank Credit/Debit Card
- National ID Card (not the College Learner Pass)
- Proof of Universal Credit, Job Seekers Allowance letter (JSA) or Employment Support Allowance letter (ESA) in the work related activity group (including partner where the claim is joint) AND a character reference (if you are 19 years old or over). Also if you are unemployed please bring proof of any other benefits that you receive.
- Your chosen method for paying your fees (if you are 19 years old or over). You can pay for your course in full or the first payment of an instalment plan by cash, cheque, credit or debit card, subsequent instalment payments will be by direct debit or your letter confirming Student Loan Approval from Student Finance England (if applicable).
- If your employer is paying for your course they must complete the ‘Agreement to pay course fees on behalf of a student’ form which is available to download here or from the Customer Advice and Support Centre. Alternatively, you can bring with you a letter from your employer on letter headed paper stating:
- Your name
- Course title
- Confirmation of amount to pay
- Details of where the invoice should be sent
- Name and signature of the authorising persons
- Purchase Order number (if required)
- If you are a non E.U. student bring:
- Proof of residency, e.g. passport, visa, residence permit
*Please note the last start time for Initial Assessments is 18:00. The enrolment process cannot be completed without this taking place. As a result of this, you may be asked to come back in at a later date to complete this.
In addition to this, if a Special Educational Need (SEN) or Education, Health and Care Plan (EHCP) is declared during the enrolment process you will be invited it again for a needs assessment to ensure we can meet any support needs prior to completing your enrolment.
Share This Post