V6- Vocational Sixth Form
- V6 Full Time Prospectus 2014/15
- V6 Calendar 2013/14
- Andy Corbett - Hairdressing, Art Director at Toni & Guy
- Chris Beebee - Fleet Manager, West Midlands Fire & Rescue Service
- Clive Jessup - Managing Director of Jessup
- Courtney Edie - Sport
- Craig Morris - Level 2 First Diploma in Travel & Tourism
- Darren Cooper - BTEC Diploma, Construction and the Built Environment
- Karl Brazil - Drummer for Feeder
- Keyleigh Bowater - Level 3 Diploma in Hairdressing
- Leanne Egerton - BTEC Level 3 Diploma in Public Services
- Leslie Muringani - Business
- Luke Roper - Creative Industries
- Mario Simek - BTEC Extended Diploma Dance
- Meghan Timmins - Level 1 Art & Design / Deaf Academy
- Paul Haywood - BTEC National Diploma in Business
- Peter Melvin - NVQ Level 2 Sport, Recreation and Allied Occupations
- Samantha Dorrance - BTEC National Diploma in Music
- Toni Astbury - Level 3 Hairdressing
- Troy Harvey - Achieving Together
- Wayne Aveline - BTEC in Fashion
What is V6?
Walsall College’s V6 is a 6th form with a difference, all of our courses are vocational. You can achieve your goals with a vocational qualification. So whether you’re driven by going to university or getting that dream job, you can get there the V6 way!
On completing your studies, you will not only be qualified to a national standard in your chosen field, you will be a Walsall College Graduate:
- Skilled – You will have the industry skills, knowledge and experience to thrive in the workplace, from day one of employment.
- Professional – You will be job ready, with bags of initiative, communication skills and the ability to work well as part of a team.
- Enterprising – You will be resourceful, adaptable to the changing needs of business and able to innovate.
Vocational qualifications are not second best!
V6 offers all the fun, freedom you want from college, combined with the support you need to achieve and with the practical skills employers need.
You will have access to excellent teaching in world class facilities and will experience a full programme of activities; from your main area of study, to work experience, Student Union events and Enrichment.
Jamie Oliver, Karen Millen and Alesha Dixon all opted for vocational courses, and just look at what they went on to achieve!
What makes up a V6 Study Programme
Your Study Programme will include a number of elements. Each study programme will be unique to your individual needs to support your career ambitions.
Vocational qualification – for most students this will make up the majority of their study programme. A mix of practical and theory, the qualification will stretch your understanding of the subject.
English and maths – you will work towards achieving an A*-C grade in GCSE English and maths. If you have already achieved this, you will continue to build on your skills in these subjects.
Work Experience – you will undertake meaningful work experience related to the vocational area of the Study Programme, to develop employability skills and apply your learning in real life situations.
Enrichment – your programme will also include other activities designed to support and help you develop the job related skills, experience and confidence required to progress to employment or higher education. Activities such as tutorials, personal and social development, volunteering and sport
Call 01922 657000 for guidance on courses, you can also apply for a course online by clicking the button below.
Come along to one of our Open Days to find out more about studying a course at Walsall College.
Wednesday 12th March 2014, 4-7pm
Wednesday 18th June 2014, 4-7pm